Cannabis has been in use for many years for recreational purposes. However, researchers have discovered a lot of health benefits tagged to different cannabis strains, especially hemp, which is rich in CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. Hemp is also non-psychoactive because it has a very low level of THC of less than 0.3%.
However, there is another cannabinoid that is quickly gaining popularity among hemp enthusiasts: CBG or cannabigerol, which is also a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis plants. It has a wide range of potential health benefits.
If you are a cannabis enthusiast, this article will help you explore what CBG hemp flower is, the cannabinoid profile of CBG hemp flower, considerations when buying it, and some of its benefits. Continue reading to find out more.
What is CBG Hemp Flower?
What is CBG hemp flower? It is the flower or bud of a mature female hemp plant and contains high levels of the cannabinoid cannabigerol (CBG). CBG is one of the many cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, but it is less common than others such as CBD and THC.
These hemp flowers are carefully cultivated by experienced cultivars to ensure that the products retain a high level of CBG when after harvesting, processing, and packaging. Fortunately, you can buy the flower buds from a marijuana clinic or one of the many cannabis product websites.
Cannabinoid Profile of CBG Hemp Flower
Most people are wondering: what is CBG hemp flower? The best way to understand this is to go through the cannabinoid profile of the flower. Here is a breakdown to help you understand what you are buying or using.
- CBG: This is considered the mother of all other cannabinoids. It is often broken down to form the others. But in a CBG hemp flower, the plant retains a lot of it. It might not be as high in CBD as other hemp products, but it might reach up to 15%. Therefore, it is the primary cannabinoid found in this product.
- CBD: This is one of the most popular cannabinoids in most hemp products, but in a CBG hemp flower, it is found in smaller amounts. It’s also popular for its numerous health benefits.
- THC: CBG also contains low traces of THC, which is known for its psychoactive effects. In this case, it is less than 0.3%, so users do not feel high when using the flower. This low amount has health benefits as well.
- Terpenes: CBG hemp flower contains various terpenes, which are organic compounds responsible for the aroma and flavors of hemp and cannabis. Although CBG flower may contain hundreds of terpenes, the most popular ones include linalool, myrcene, caryophyllene, and limonene.
Considerations When Buying CBG Hemp Flower
What is CBG hemp flower? Although you now know that it is a hemp flower with high levels of CBG, you still need some more information when buying it, especially if you are a first-time buyer. Therefore, consider the following:
- Find a reputable seller: There are many online sellers you can rely on to buy legit CBG hemp flowers. Therefore, it’s best if you find a reputable seller for an easier buying process. You can find reliable sellers by checking their experience with other customers on the review page or by contacting them to get feedback. Most of them ship and deliver customer products to their doorsteps. So, read the terms and conditions before purchasing.
- Check out the quality of the product: Not every CBG hemp product is of high quality. Hence, it’s important to check the CBG quality in the description before making your purchase. Most reputable sellers provider clear product descriptions and provide buyers with all the information they need to make a decision.
- Check out the strain: There are different strains of CBG hemp flower, each with unique characteristics and benefits. The most popular ones include White CBG, White Whale CBG, Frosted Cake CBG, and John Snow, among others. They may get their names from the cultivars, but you can rest assured that they have their slight differences. Consider the strain that will best suit your needs and preferences.
- Compare different prices: The prices of CBG varies depending on the strain and sellers. However, the difference is not too much. So, find the average price to avoid being conned or buying substandard products. Make sure you are paying for quality.
- Check the potency: Ensure that it contains the amount of CBG advertised so you can enjoy all of its potency. Look for third-party lab testing results to confirm the potency. If you are not sure of the benefits, our next part will help you find out more.
Benefits of CBG Hemp Flower
What is CBG hemp flower? As mentioned, this is a hemp flower with high levels of CBG. This comes with a lot of benefits that you should know:
- CBG hemp flower is a great pain reliever: CBG is known for many health properties and one of them is managing pain. As the mother of CBD which is also known for this property, you can expect CBG to act in a better way. Therefore, if you are suffering from muscle pains, chronic pain, headaches, or having pain after surgery, you can always use CBG products for relief.
- Provides mental health benefits: CBG hemp flower has also been shown to be great for mental health, including the management of depression, anxiety, and stress. CBG is known for its calming effects, making it a great agent for mental health patients. The good thing is that you can take it at any time of the day or night.
- Provides skin care benefits: CBG hemp flower is filled with antibacterial properties that are good for the skin. It has been shown to manage inflammation, skin irritation, fight blemishes, and many other conditions. That is why it is commonly used in the cosmetic industry.
What is CBG hemp flower? It is a hemp flower full of benefits. From what we’ve discussed above, we hope that you will no longer undermine this cannabis product. You can try it now that you know how to buy the best. You can also research more to get more information to help you make informed decisions.